Saturday, September 11, 2004

~Thicken Cream

This is a real incident, it happened to me 3 years ago when arrive at this country not long after and at that stage, I still brushing my english listening skill as it is not my mother language and I hardly speak when back home...
Here's the story.
One afternoon, I had forgot what lunch is that for, but remember everyone will be there... Anyway, I live about 35km away from my godparents homeand takes about 30mins to get there. Before I go there, just give a quick ring and ask my godmum if is there anything want me to get on my way there. So she said on the phone "Could you pls get one small tub of Thicken Cream for the dessert later on." Ok mum, I will get that for you, see you later. Then I hang up the phone and continue driving heading to the shop to get that cream. As you know, when on the phone, sometimes is abit hard to listen the specific word, so here's the problem I had. I went into the shop, go to the cool section and start looking for "Chicken Cream"... (as you read each word fast, Thicken..chicken...thicken..chicken...both sounds about the same when you heard the "icken" accent when you did not hear the Th)... Since my brain register it as chicken cream, so I just ignored other type of cream... saw sour cream, whipping cream, thicken cream but not so called chicken cream... strange.... nevermind, give mum a buzz again and ask how it actually looks like.... rang, and told her I can't locate so called Chicken cream, straight away she laugh and said to me, "Is Thicken Cream, T-H-I-C-K-E-N, Thicken cream, my boy..." Haha... Myself too laugh... got the cream and head for the lunch.... And now had become one of the family table jokes...
^_^
Thicken ...chicken...thicken...chicken.... Can you pass me the chicken cream?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home